Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 goals and races

One big difference I have found from moving across the country is that the races are all new and unfamiliar to me. This gives a bit of suspense and adventure in choosing what races to do. In addition, I haven't firmed up if I want to do some longer ultras (100k or 100m) or keep it shorter. So, I've chosen a few races early this year, and pretty much have a long list of potential races later in the year. Only my first race is firm. The runs later in the year that most interest me are Grindstone 100, Rock/Creek StumpJump, and Mountain Masochist Trail Run.

Goals: Run 3000+ miles, win 2 races, run one 100-miler, and set a PR at any distance

Potential races:
Foothills Drifter 6k (Feb 5)
Dupont Forest 12k (Mar 26)
Sweet H20 50k (Apr 2)
Morris Broadband half marathon (Apr 9)
Dairy Ridge Fat Ass 50k (Apr 16)
Scenic City Trail Marathon (May 21)
Paris Mtn 11k (May 28)
Old Dominion 100 miler (Jun 4)
Paris Mtn 7k (Aug 13)
Iron Mountain 30 or 50 mile (Sept 3)
Grindstone 100 (Sept 30)
Rock/Creek StumpJump 50k (Oct 1)
The North Face challenge (Oct 15)
Mountain Masochist Trail Run (Nov 5)
Paris Mtn 15k (Nov 5)
Upchuck 50k (Nov 12)
Bartram 100s (Dec 10)
Hellgate 100k (Dec 10)
Lookout Mountain 50miler (Dec 17)

So there you have it. I'll probably end up running 7 or 8 races, is my best guess. We'll see- I obviously have a lot to figure out, but it will be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jon,

    Welcome to the East Coast. I found your blog looking for other runners.

    Sounds like you're tired of those road races. I can relate because I also love running on trails. But you've got some great road running credentials.

    Stop by my blog and say hello if you get a chance.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete