Monday, September 19, 2011

Ultra Race of Champions

Well, the big week has finally arrived. Or, more accurately, two big weeks. Last week was a big one for my family, with our number increasing to 5 due to the arrival of little Zachary. Big Zachary, actually- 8 lbs 8 oz. We had a few exciting days with a brief stay in the NICU, but everyone is healthy and at home now.

IMG_6359

This coming weekend, I will be competing at UROC. It should be a blast, and I feel fit with almost no niggles. I'm excited to line up against some of the real big boys in ultrarunning (i.e. the one-name guys like Geoff, Mackey, Wardian, etc).

I'll update this blog throughout the week with info about the race, but there should be a number of ways to follow the race as it happens. It looks like the first one is to follow iRunFar on twitter, something I have done in recent years during Western, UTMB, Leadville, Wasatch, etc. Hitting refresh hoping for updates has never been so mesmerizing.

You can also follow results live at http://www.ultraroc.com, where they will also be posting 2-hr delayed streaming video of the race. Should be fun.


Anyways, check back later this week for any other race updates. It should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a great race! I'm excited for you. That was an incredibly stacked field, with some cash on the line, too.

    ReplyDelete