Monday, September 19, 2011

Ultra Race of Champions

Well, the big week has finally arrived. Or, more accurately, two big weeks. Last week was a big one for my family, with our number increasing to 5 due to the arrival of little Zachary. Big Zachary, actually- 8 lbs 8 oz. We had a few exciting days with a brief stay in the NICU, but everyone is healthy and at home now.


This coming weekend, I will be competing at UROC. It should be a blast, and I feel fit with almost no niggles. I'm excited to line up against some of the real big boys in ultrarunning (i.e. the one-name guys like Geoff, Mackey, Wardian, etc).

I'll update this blog throughout the week with info about the race, but there should be a number of ways to follow the race as it happens. It looks like the first one is to follow iRunFar on twitter, something I have done in recent years during Western, UTMB, Leadville, Wasatch, etc. Hitting refresh hoping for updates has never been so mesmerizing.

You can also follow results live at, where they will also be posting 2-hr delayed streaming video of the race. Should be fun.

Anyways, check back later this week for any other race updates. It should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a great race! I'm excited for you. That was an incredibly stacked field, with some cash on the line, too.